Arkansas Center for Health Improvement (ACHI) is a non-partisan,
independent, health policy center that serves as a catalyst to improve
health of Arkansans.
The ACHI team is looking for a unique individual with the ability to
advance ACHI's mission to improve the health of Arkansans and articulate
the value of healthcare price and quality transparency to a diverse
number of stakeholder groups.
The Data Analystics Manager manages data request approval and
fulfillment for ACHI's data repositories and serves as the first primary
point-of-contact for data request questions before and after
fulfillment. S/He also has a role on the APCD Technical Support team,
facilitating responses to questions about data requests and fulfillment
for entities submitting or requesting data. Additionally, s/he supports
communication with the Arkansas Healthcare Transparency Initiative Board
and the Arkansas Insurance Department to ensure timely review of data
1. Manages processes and timelines for each data request to maintain
maximum efficiency in delivering data requirements while also providing
consistent communication with those requesting data to ensure
expectations and deadliness are met.
2. Identifies data needs and provides solutions or resolutions.
3. Supports contractual processes, including data use agreements and
4. Reports progress on all business development activity regularly to
the Director of Information Systems Architecture and Arkansas APCD and
HDI leadership teams.
5. Prepares and packages requests for data requests for the Arkansas
Healthcare Transparency Initiative Board as required.
6. Collaborates with the ACHI Executive Director and Financial Manger
to ensure timely invoicing, reporting, and payment for projects.
7. Collaborates with ACHI Data Team Project Manager to manage and
prioritize data requests and product fulfillment.
8. Translates data requirements into meaningful reports and analysis
for ACHI analyst team and business partners to deliver.
9. Executes high level data analytics and database querying to support
the data request fulfillment process, including but not limited to
querying ACHI databases to ensure requested data is available and
working with the ACHI Data Team Project Manager and Development team to
ensure the data request meets ACHI requirements.
10. Provides assistance for data submission and data request
fulfillment as part of the Arkansas ACHI technical support team.
11. Supports the coordination of the Arkansas Healthcare Transparency
Initiative Board data request review and approval process.
12. Interacts and coordinates with other departments to resolve issues
around analytics for data requests.
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or related field plus four (4) years of customer support
experience and/or account management
- Must have relational database experience in at least one of the
- Microsoft Access, MySQL, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, and
- Two (2) years of analytic support and project design for Health
related projects and/or data analytics and reporting
- Broad understanding of the trends in health care and health data
- Knowledge of SAS, R, Oracle, Sybase, and Informix
- Ability to understand healthcare process flow and translate into data
quality measurement requirements
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work independently and interdependently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Must be able to
communicate effectively and interact with internal and external
contacts, agencies and organizations
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates ethical conduct and decision making and abides by
Federal, State and Local confidentiality laws, rules and regulations
- Ability to lead or present program meetings workshops, training or
- Ability to work in a project team environment
- Provides Professionalism with patients and staff to encourage and
promote a positive work culture
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Work primarily performed in a professional office environment
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Requires constant standing, sitting and working at a computer for
long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. (9.08 kg) from floor to waist
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
+ Retirement: 5% retirement contribution from UAMS when employee
contributes 1% or more. Up to 10% matched contribution.
+ Education: 70%-90% discount for staff (graduate or undergraduate);
40%-50% discount for spouse and dependents (undergraduate only).
+ Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and
+ UAMS provides Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.
+ Leave Time: 11 paid holidays annually, up to 22.5 days of annual
vacation leave, 12 days of sick leave.
Salary offered commensurate to experience
UAMS is an inclusive Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed